Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA)
Name of the Position: Project Accountant
Job Description/ Responsibility:
Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA) is looking for deserving candidates to fill in the following positions for its WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) project to be implemented in Shakhipur Municipality Under Tangail district supported by Water Aid Bangladesh.
• Maintain all books of accounts as per BASA and donor’s financial guideline.
• Responsible for fund management, fund disbursement, follow-up and monitoring of expenditure with project activities and meet with internal and external audit.
• Maintain projects accounts and accomplish administrative functions in accordance with rules and procedures of the organization and donor’s requirement.
• Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounts information.
• Maintain all related files, registers, documents, bill –vendor’s staff personal files and other papers/ documents.
• Maintain financial security by internal financial control, all accounts for tariff collection, and stock of compost production. Follow the all financial, HR, procurement and other guidelines of BASA & selected donor
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, including VAT & TAX, preparing balance sheet, receive & payment statement ,
• profit and loss statement and other reports.
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends and submit to the concerned authorities.
• Prepare and facilitate annual audit and its report.
• Assist in preparing budget & follow –up RFQ, work orders vendors selection process.
• Assisting PC in maintaining general administrative duties.
• Prepare Progress reports on Project activities on regular basis and submit it to BASA and WAB.
• Expert to operate financial software.
• Undertake additional responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director as and when required.
Job Nature: Full time
Education requirement: The incumbent should be Honors & Masters in Finance / Accounting from any Public University
• Excellent knowledge of accounting system with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a professional context
• Excellent knowledge and use of the internet, Microsoft Word and Excel (with frequent formula use)
• Good hand to writing reports in Bangla & English.
• Person of good character and integrity, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Age limit: 28 to 40 years
Salary Range: 27,500.00 per month;
Other Benefits: Travel allowance, Festival allowance and cell phone allowance.
Job location: Shakhipur Municipality area, Tangail, Bangladesh
We will call for interview with in 07 days
Apply Instruction: Interested persons are invited to send CV by E-Mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must be submitted to
Executiive Director, Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA).
House #113, Road # 06, New DOHS,Mohakhali, Dhaka-1206, Bangladesh.